VICE PRESIDENT / SR. PROJECT MANAGER
Hemcor Construction, Inc. is a newly formed General Contractor, licensed January, 2018 in state of North Carolina. You may be wondering why we chose to advertise the year in which we received our building license. As a new construction company we have established a set of company core values, one of which is Honesty. Instilling honesty into our company leads to establishing trust with our clients and partners, building long-term relationships, and adding value to our community.
The following is a list of other company core values critically important to the success of our company and our clients projects.
- Safety: We aim to insure everyone who sets foot on our job site goes home safely to their families at the end of the day.
- Quality: We have extremely high standards for quality control. We believe it is the key to meeting and exceeding our clients' expectations. On every project, we incorporate a quality control plan covering each stage of construction. Our field teams are equipped with a quality management program to quickly identify deficiencies and instantly communicate any repair items to the responsible party. Deficiencies are addressed quickly to allow follow-on activities to proceed. We take pride in our work, and we only want to be associated with the highest level quality.
- Teamwork: Our projects are only as successful as the teams that build them. We strive to create a culture of teamwork and collaboration in which every person has an integral role in the success of the project.
Advertising our startup date should not be viewed as a negative mark. In fact it is an opportunity to establish new partners. It also marks a day of immense pride for me personally. This accomplishment is a culmination of years of hard work and dedication to the field of construction management. During my construction career, I have had the opportunity to work with some of the best professionals in the industry. They include award-winning general contractors and developers who specialize in the niche market of multi-family construction.
Below is a brief summary of mixed residential project types while working with other General Contractors.
- Affordable Housing - Located in a downtown setting requiring soldier piles and lagging to support excavation efforts.
- For-sale condominiums - Design+Build. 75 units, four levels of structural steel frame with residential units framed in light gage metal over post tension concrete podium.
- Student Housing - Two levels above grade parking with 5 levels of wood framing over post tension concrete podium.
- Mixed-Use - 284 units, 25,000sf of on grade retail with 4-5 levels of wood framing over 2 levels of parking.
- Wrap - 304 units, Six (6) levels of structured parking with split level residential units over post tension SOG foundations.
- New Apartment Communities - up to 500 units ranging from split level garden style buildings, townhomes and manor buildings.
All of these projects required a team of highly skilled professionals ranging from developers, architects, landscape architects, acoustic and waterproofing consultants, civil engineers, structural engineers, interior designers, MEP/FP designers, General Contractors and trade partners who all joined forces to turn the clients vision into reality.
I have a deep sense of gratitude for having had the opportunity to work with so many seasoned professionals. As a startup construction company, it is our aim to continue the same standard of excellence and build a company that is a reliable and trustworthy partner to our clients.